Sounds from a Distant Outpost (Sound Library) is copyright 2010 Newecho Productions, LLC. The Sound Library (patches, programming, samples, config files, Ableton Live Packs, documentation, images) are provided as is and without warranty. Not responsible for data loss (in other words backup before you add third-party sounds or samples to your library). Keep the volume low while you get to know the library.
License for Use in Music and Sound Compositions:
You are granted a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use the audio output of the instrument racks in the context of any musical and/or sound composition.
License for Reusing Source Samples and Instrument Racks:
The source samples and instrument rack programming are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You may not redistribute or sell the content as standalone sounds or as part of another commercial library without express permission from Newecho Productions, LLC.
Download Live Pack:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Ableton Live 8 or Ableton Live 8 Suite. Live Intro is not supported.
- To take full advantage of all modulation routings I recommend a MIDI keyboard or controller with velocity, after touch and a modulation wheel; a controller with 8 knobs (Novation Remote SL 25, Akai APC40,...)
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD .ALP file (8 MB) and save this on your computer. If you have trouble downloading this file, you might want to try downloading this zip file version which contains the .alp. You'll need to unzip after download before going on to the next step.
- Double-click the .alp file
- Live will start and prompt you for a location to install the files. You can't install user created Live Packs direclty inside your live library so you must instead create a directory on your disc then click OK to extract the files.
- Live will then extract the files.
- After the files expansion has completed, use your Live file browser to find the folder. At this point you could open the .als file which will load a set with all the instruments loaded into racks. You could also just drag instruments to any open set.
- If you want to import these files into your Live library, right-click ont the Live pack (in yellow below), then select "Manage Project".
- Then in the appliation menu select "View->Manage project" and scroll to the bottom of the project window and click "Export".
Download Samples for your Sampler Instrument:
Requirements: Any synthesizer that supports .wav files as oscillator sources (Absynth, Alchemy, Blofeld...)